Monday, October 17, 2016

Am I teaching you or you teaching me?


As I review all that I have accomplished this week, I am amazed with my student capability to understand and own the new technology. This week I introduced my students to Explain Everything. If you are not familiar with this app, it is worth the initial learning that needs to take place on the teachers end.

Students are able to explain their thinking by recording what I could  describe as a smart white board. They are able to bring in pictures, text, and use interactive tools.

I provided my students with a template by sending it through airdrop. Then, I simply showed them an example. They took my expectations and surpassed them. One pointer I would share is to have students add all text and images before they record. This way it will be ready for the share/presentation.

So far, great beginning. This next week, I will be looking as to how my students can use Numbers in science. Another mind boggling app.

No comments:

Post a Comment