Friday, October 11, 2019

Meet the Teacher-Jessica Hegg

I 💗my family. Sofia and Lucas are my beautiful bilingual babies and José is my rock!

My name is Jessica Hegg. I am embarking on my 6th year as a fifth grade dual language teacher at Banting elementary and my 16th year teaching. My journey began as an elementary school teacher in Santiago, Chile. The use of technology in our classrooms at the time was non-existent. After 7 years of teaching like that you get pretty good at cutting and pasting-literally. 😂

Then we moved home to Milwaukee and I began teaching in a different district where I was in charge of my third graders and the very first wave of 1-1 iPads. I had to create a google email account for each student and set up all of their iPads with the 26 emails I had created. Yikes! 

I can say with pride that now my Banting students use technology, in a variety of ways, every day. I have tried technology in many ways over the last 9 years. Some have been successful and others epic fails. I love being a dual language teacher and my hope is that I can grow my practice each year finding ways to incorporate technology to take my student's dual language development to higher levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment