Saturday, March 10, 2018

**Kid-safe and FREE media resources**

I was thrilled to be invited to participate in the Wisconsin Public Television's Education Innovation Summit on March 9, 2018. Although I had no idea what I was getting myself into, it really help with a problem I often have: finding quality, free media resources (that I don't fall in love with....and then they start to charge!) that I can easily get to students without more hassle.

I was blown away at the session by the media resources available at  https://wpt.pbslearningmedia.org/ because of all the kid-safe, FREE options for all subject areas. Seriously, go right now and search something! They have everything! You can even listen to a Recorder Mentor. I mean, who wouldn't want to listen to recorder music?? Not only can you share these media resources directly through Google Classroom, you can build out you own lesson plans with a series of media as well as questions.

Wisconsin Public Television also has a website at https://wimedialab.org/ with whole pages devoted to topics like:

Wisconsin Biographies

Young Performers Initiative

Wisconsin First Nations

No comments:

Post a Comment